Cat & Dog Boarding in Raleigh, NC: A Comfortable Stay & Lots of Play
We know how hard it is to leave your pet while you go on vacation or a business trip. You wonder if they’ll get enough attention, if they’ll be uncomfortable, or if they’ll get bored. At Companion Animal Hospital of Wakefield you don’t have to worry about a thing. When you bring your cat or dog to stay with us at our Raleigh, NC, animal hospital, you give them the opportunity to enjoy a comfortable, fun, and stimulating cat and dog boarding experience! Call us at (919) 488-5300 to schedule an boarding appointment today.
What Makes Our Pet Boarding Different?
At our animal hospital, your pet is treated like the family member they are. We offer cat and dog boarding that goes far beyond time in a kennel. When your pet stays with us, they’ll enjoy:
Board Your Pet with Medical Professionals
By boarding your pet at an animal hospital, you can rest assured that they’ll receive any veterinary care they need during their stay. For your pet’s added safety and comfort, we offer:
- Professionally trained staff. Our boarding staff is medically trained, and we also have professional dog caretakers who look after our canine guests to make their stay as comfortable as possible.
- Veterinarian on-call during weekends and holidays. For the safety of all our guests, we have a veterinarian on call every weekend and holiday to tend to any medical emergencies during your pet’s stay.
- Medication administration. Our staff is trained to administer any medication your pet could need, whether it’s a tablet, an oral solution, or an injection. There will be a small fee for medication administration.
- Special care for pets with special needs. If your pet has a chronic illness or health condition that requires special care, you can trust our medically trained staff to give them all the care they need.
Cat & Dog Boarding Requirements
We want every pet to leave our boarding facility as healthy as they came in — if not healthier! In order to do so, we have a couple of requirements for making their stay a safe and pleasant one:
- All pets must be up-to-date on their vaccinations. For dogs, they must have their rabies, DHPP, Bordetella and Canine Influenza vaccines. For cats, they must have their rabies and FRCP vaccines.
- All pets must be free of parasites. We require a negative fecal exam at least 12 months before their stay with us. If we do find any parasites on your pet, we will treat them and give them a parasite preventative, all at an additional cost. All dog boarders and daycampers should be receiving monthly heartworm and flea/tick prevention. Cats should receive monthly flea prevention. We will administer a dose at admission for pets that are not current.